More than 150,000 allied troops crossed the Channel to storm French beaches in Normandy on June 6, 1944. They ushered in the beginning of the end for the Third Reich and its leader, Adolf Hitler. Euronews recaps what happened on that decisive day.
- Brazilian government defends record on Amazon deforestation
- All but 15 of the world’s 195 countries attend endangered wildlife conference
- Amazon fires generate smoke cloud almost as big as devastating Siberia blaze
- UK’s Labour vows to bring down PM Johnson and delay Brexit
- Israeli police clash with Palestinians at Eid al-Adha gathering in Jerusalem