Supporters of Italy’s 5-Star Movement took part in a confidence vote over the leadership of Luigi Di Maio, after a bruising defeat in the European elections.
- Brazilian government defends record on Amazon deforestation
- All but 15 of the world’s 195 countries attend endangered wildlife conference
- Amazon fires generate smoke cloud almost as big as devastating Siberia blaze
- UK’s Labour vows to bring down PM Johnson and delay Brexit
- Israeli police clash with Palestinians at Eid al-Adha gathering in Jerusalem